Our media philosophy is a “no-line” approach. Meaning that we focus on reaching consumers where they live, work and play, and obtain news, information and entertainment. This requires experience in determining how target audiences are consuming media (digital, traditional and social) to create fully integrated plans that achieve results for our clients.
The Media Planner/Buyer is responsible for providing innovative, fresh media insights, trends, strategies and tactics that drives forward thinking, results and continuous improvement in media performance.
It’s the role of the MP/B to implement appropriate media buying philosophies and guidelines to ensure that we are upholding “best in class” standards and acting in the best interest of our clients and the agency. The MP/B will provide oversight, strategic direction and execution for media planning, buying and implementation functions for his/her respective account assignments. Constant communication and interaction is required with the account service teams relative to day-to-day business and media issues facing our clients.
Strategic Planning and Implementation:
- Take a leadership role in creating media vision, plans and actions for clients
- Ensure that clients are provided with current media information, data and intelligence that will keep them abreast of what is happening in the competitive retail media environment
- Create and implement media programs and plans and ensure accuracy
- Provide direction and leadership during media vendor contract negotiations; including make-goods, credits and problem resolution
- Maintain positive relationships with local, regional and national vendors and partners to keep Agency profile high in the retail media category
- Demonstrate capability and experience with Integrated Media planning and buying that cohesively integrates media strategies and tactics across multiple media outlets (digital and traditional) to create successful media plans to meet goals and objectives.
Accountability and Responsibility:
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in a wide variety of traditional, digital and social media venues including but not limited to:
- Broadcast (Radio/Television)
- OOH and Transit
- Direct Mail
- SEM, SEO
- Social Media
- Digital Display
- Trade Area Marketing Tactics
This position requires:
- Proficiency in traditional and digital media platforms
- Leadership in setting and exceeding client goals and objectives
- Demonstrate strong bias for action and results
- Show fiscal responsibility to budget and financial metrics
- Facilitate communication and relationship building internally and with clients
- Obtain feedback and formulate action plans to enhance future programs
- Proactively seek to increase agency value to our clients by demonstrating proficiency, knowledge and expertise with regard to all aspects of service to the client including business acumen, marketing, media, and negotiation expertise
- Adhere to approved deadlines, processes, systems, best practices and seek to improve them by making recommendations for proactive change
EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree or above
EXPERIENCE: 5+ years, must have work experience as planner/buyer